Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Hi!"

2011 is here. Ethan gave me his first gift of the year by sleeping in until 9:30 after staying up to watch the ball drop the night before. Not sure what that is going to do to his sleep schedule! I have nothing but time right now since I'm not currently working so we will get things back to normal as soon as we can. He has always been good about getting himself back on his regular schedule. Today had a baby/parent playdate at Dave and Hannah's. Good times were had by all and eventually all of the babies had a respectable nap. Ethan is officially speaking his first word! I think it is very fitting that the word is "hi." He is such a social boy. He has been saying da-da for a while now, and also says ba-ba, but I don't count those as his first words because he has yet to look directly at Erik or his bottle when saying them. Hi on the other hand he gets. If i tell him "Ethan say hi!" he looks at the other person, waves at them with his cute little left handed wave, and says "haaie." It is the cutest thing ever. I really want to get it on video. Somehow in the last few days he has snuck in another tooth too. His count is up to five!

As this new year begins I can't help but be thankful for the blessings in my life. I feel very blessed, and humbled that God has been so gracious to us this past year. I am excited for what 2011 has in store for this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment